Position will be required to perform task related to shipping and receiving finished product and/or raw materials and maintain the warehouse.
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Loads and verify shipments with bill of lading, packing slip and necessary documents.
- Verifies C of C and lot numbers are correct.
- Unloads and receives incoming shipments checking condition and quantity. Makes proper receiving records and delivers material to the proper location.
- Required to safely operate a forklift and perform safety checks on the forklift at the beginning of each shift.
- Assist in moving finished product from manufacturing area to the warehouse.
- Assist in staging orders and labeling orders for shipment.
- Package goods for shipment or storage, including stretch wrapping and banding operations.
- Assist with waste removal and recycling for the entire plant.
- Assist with daily, monthly, quarterly, and year-end inventories.
- Assist with preventative maintenance on all forklift trucks and batteries.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of warehouse and outside grounds.
- High school diploma or GED education preferred.
- One to three years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Good written and oral communication, analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work with limited supervision.
- Able to drive powered industrial trucks.
- Prior warehouse knowledge, preferred.