Set Up Technician
Position will perform a range of activities in the set up and operation of plastics mold machines along with their related secondary machines according to the company’s safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
Reports to: Maintenance/Process Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs set-up work as instructed, including: setting and securing molds into the machine; connecting water lines, etc.; installing blow pins, trim fixtures and downstream equipment; adjusting cycles and weights; and checking for safe operation
- Begins operation of the machine making adjustments as necessary so that parts can be safely produced according to quality and quantity standards.
- Performs basic maintenance as instructed or needed, including: drilling, welding, basic electrical wiring, troubleshooting electrical, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Maintains plant safety, quality, cleanliness, and production standards.
- Works with quality and the Supervisor to resolve issues.
- Safely start and stop machines, as needed.
- Able to perform color changes, including cleaning the blender and machine hoppers.
- Make necessary adjustments to leak detectors and secondary equipment.
- Performs mold changes and set-ups. Able to perform neck changes and tooling changes unassisted. Proficient with programmers and Moog programmers on all machines.
- Assist in sampling new products.
- Maintains or exceeds current operation to meet safety, quality, housekeeping, and production standards.
- Other duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED education required. Vocational training or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Intermediate written and oral communication with internal and external vendors skills required.
- Intermediate analytical, project management, computer, mechanical, decision making, and problem solving skills required.
- Advances problem solving skills required. Ability to prioritize and organize work without supervision.
- Able to drive powered industrial trucks required.
Work / Physical Requirements
Individuals may be exposed to loud noises, vibrations, extreme hot/cold; confined space; atmospheric conditions and other physical conditions/hazards and have the ability to:
- Often – perform repetitive hand motions; hear/listen/talk; walk; stand; bend; stoop; climb stairs/ladders; kneel/squat/crouch; crawl; reach overhead; pull/push; shovel; and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Seldom – sit; and lift up to 75 lbs.