Position will be required to inspect and pack plastic bottles/containers according to the company’s safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Pack bottles.
- Make boxes.
- Grind material.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards.
- Maintains or exceeds current operation meets safety, quality, housekeeping, and production standards.
- Ability to understand and use necessary hand tools and secondary equipment (i.e. flamers, leak detectors, grinders, blenders, etc.).
- Promptly reports major safety, quality or production problems.
- Performs general housekeeping duties on the production floor
- Ensure that all required documentation (e.g. shop packets, packaging instructions, etc.) are available for reference purposes. Ensure documentation is correct with respect to the product being manufactured.
- Makes sure needed supplies (coloring, closures, cartons, correct labels are being used, etc.) are readily available per shop packet.
- Accurately complete production reports for each product being produced.
- Contributes positive suggestions or comments concerning quality, production, safety and housekeeping.
- Duties may vary by location.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- High school diploma or GED education preferred.
- May have less than 12 months work experience.
- Basic written and oral communication, decision making, problem solving skills required.