Maintenance Technician – Day Shift
Position will be required to perform maintenance activities on the plant’s machines, equipment, and the building according to the company’s safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance work on plant equipment or facilities using crafts such as:
- Installation/Repair/Diagnosis/Troubleshoot; AC/DC, 480/240/120 Voltages, rectifiers, electrical controls and buss systems.
- Use instrumentation and tools necessary for diagnosing problems (volt/ohm meters, oscilliscopes, amp probes, pyrometers, tachometers, etc) ultrasonic testers, computers.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, ladder logic diagrams, schematics, sketches, and facility drawings.
- Troubleshooting and repair of PLCs and PLC controlled equipment and systems.
- Perform maintenance functions in troubleshooting and repair of machines and hydraulic systems; tear down, rebuild, replace, or adjust machine, hydraulic or pneumatic components and systems.
- Use instrumentation necessary to monitor or diagnose hydraulic or pneumatic systems (gages, manometers, pressure differential gage systems, etc.)
- Read and interpret drawings, manuals or sketches for troubleshooting, modification or upgrading equipment.
- Construct, repair and maintain facility water, gas, waste, air, oil, and hydraulic systems using appropriate equipment and materials.
- Fabricate components using appropriate joining techniques (arc and gas welding, bolting, riveting, etc).
- Cut metal using appropriate torches or saws.
- Perform all functions associated with rigging and moving machinery and equipment.
- Perform limited tasks in concrete and masonry construction and roof repair.
- PLC maintenance and repair
- Responds to emergency situations including the safety of plant facility and equipment using knowledge of the plant and equipment located therein.
- Performs work in a safe manner following National Electric Code, plumbing code and any other applicable regulations. Follow plant safety rules and procedures and safety rules of the trade.
- High school diploma or GED education required. Vocational training or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience required.
- Intermediate written and oral communication with internal and external vendors skills required.
- Intermediate analytical, project management, computer, mechanical, decision making, and problem solving skills required.
- Advances problem solving skills required. Ability to prioritize and organize work without supervision.
- Able to drive powered industrial trucks required.