Position will be required to move finished goods from the production area to the warehouse according to the company’s safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
Reports to: Production Supervisor/Lead
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Required to safely operate a forklift and perform safety checks on the forklift at the beginning of each shift.
- Moves finished product from manufacturing area to the warehouse. Must keep the warehouse neat and orderly.
- Performs stretch wrapping and banding operations.
- Applies custom labels to finished product as needed.
- Keeps plant free of clutter and stores equipment not being used in production.
- Empty trash – small containers and dumpsters, as needed.
- Bring raw materials (cartons, caps, material skids) to work centers, as needed.
- Change gaylords for regrind, as needed. Properly mark gaylord to identify product.
- Supports Shipping Department, as needed.
- May perform Packer and/or Material Handler duties, as needed.
- Maintains or exceeds current operation meets safety, quality, housekeeping, and production standards.
- Duties may vary by location.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED education preferred.
- Able to have less than 12 months of work experience.
- Basic written and oral communication skills required.
- Able to prioritize and organize work with limited supervision.
- Intermediate mechanical, decision making, problem solving skills required.
- Able to drive powered industrial trucks. Knowledge of loading trucks, preferred.
Work / Physical Requirements
Individuals may be exposed to loud noises, vibrations, atmospheric conditions and other minor hazards and have the ability to:
- Continuously – lift up to 20 lbs.
- Often – perform repetitive hand motions; hear/listen/talk; stand; walk; bend; reach overhead; pull/push; shovel; and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Seldom – sit; stoop; climb stairs/ladders; kneel/squat/crouch; balance; and lift up to 50 lbs.