Position will be responsible to oversee all activities in the shipping/warehouse areas of the plant according to the company’s safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Completes shipping documents including bills of lading and pick-pack forms and print all shipping labels.
- Post daily orders.
- Loads and verifies shipments with bill of lading and packing slip.
- Set dock appointments.
- Unloads and receives incoming shipments checking condition and quantity. Makes proper receiving records, delivers materials to proper location and operates computerized systems.
- Assist in completing daily, monthly, quarterly, and year-end inventories.
- Responsible for staging all orders.
- Works directly with Inventory Control Manager on ordering skids, corrugate, consignment packaging, and obsolete/slow moving inventory.
- Responsible for training of all Shipping/Warehouse Associates and plant forklift training
- Responsible for waste removal and cardboard recycling.
- Assist Sales, Engineering, and Purchasing on shipping/packaging solutions, including truck load configurations.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all lift truck batteries.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of warehouse.
- Assist with all Small Package orders.
- Attend daily scheduling meetings a necessary.
- Oversee all activity in shipping/warehouse area for the plant.
- High school diploma or GED education preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience required.
- Basic written and oral communication with internal and external customers and office equipment skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work with limited supervision.
- Able to drive powered industrial trucks, preferred.
Work / Physical Requirements
Individuals may be exposed to loud noises, vibrations, atmospheric conditions and other minor hazards and have the ability to: Often – sit; hear/listen/talk; stand; stand; walk; reach overhead; pull/push; and lift up to 30 lbs. Seldom – perform repetitive hand motions; bend; stoop; climb stairs/ladders; kneel/squat/crouch; balance; shovel; and lift up to 50 lbs.