Position will oversee the day to day operations for a shift, including machine capacity, training, employee relations, and administrative tasks according to the company’s safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for major and minor changeovers (product changes), equipment repair and modifications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the manufacturing process for quality, equipment, and material issues.
- Responsible for the production of new products and prototype production runs.
- Ensures proper material is being used in the specific job application according to product specifications.
- Relieves Packers for breaks, lunch, and training, as needed
- Responsible for shutdowns and start-ups when necessary.
- Responsible for making adjustments as necessary during the shift to produce product within Quality specifications.
- Supervise production operation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Acts as back up for shipping and label making function, as needed.
- Communicate with other Shift Leads, Supervisors and the Plant Manager.
- Serves as back up Supervisor as needed.
- Maintains or exceeds current operation meets safety, quality, housekeeping, and production standards.
- Duties may vary by location.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED education required. Vocational training or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Five to ten years of relevant work experience required.
- Advanced written and oral communication with internal and external vendors skills required.
- Advanced analytical, project management, computer, mechanical, decision making, and problem solving skills required. Ability to prioritize and organize work without supervision.
- Supervise the work of others while maintaining discretion and using independent judgement.
- Ability to drive powered industrial trucks
Work / Physical Requirements
Individuals may be exposed to loud noises, vibrations, atmospheric conditions and other minor hazards and have the ability to:
- Often - sit; perform repetitive hand motions; hear/listen/talk; stand; walk; bend; stoop; reach overhead; pull/push; and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Seldom – perform repetitive hand motions; climb stairs/ladders; kneel/squat/crouch; crawl; shovel; and lift up to 50 lbs.