Position will provide support to the Quality Department by performing a variety of tasks in accordance to the company’s safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
Reports to: Quality Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- • Place product on hold, when needed.
- • Enter completed hold tags.
- • Prepare open heldware report.
- • Provide customer CoC’s for Shipping
- • Receive & verify vendor CoC/CoA’s for all raw materials and lids.
- • Perform inspection for incoming resin.
- • Maintain Bill of Materials, new item requests, process changes
- • Perform weekly caliper verification and annual Magna Mike reference standard verification.
- • Perform mock audits and recalls.
- • Perform random line checks.
- • Audit and serve as document control for all QPMS documents.
- • Write work instructions and forms, as requested.
- • Enter new resin and color TDS and SDS.
- • Organize and maintain color chips and color standards for QA.
- • Update plant’s tooling list, as needed.
- • Enter Infinity new projects and new parts.
- • Create safety and quality one-a-week review.
- • Enter purchase orders for department needs.
- • Measure capability samples.
- • Maintain master label book.
- • Perform specific gravity check for UN testing solution.
- • Review DVR and Line Clear forms for accuracy and completeness.
- • Shall be a part of the GFSI team at their respective plant.
- • Shall be trained with a minimum of the SQF standard, HACCP, and internal auditor.
- • Shall cover for other GFSI team members for any absences (vacation, illness, open positions, etc.).
- • Shall report any food safety issues to the appropriate personnel with authority to correct the issues found.
- • Serve as back up to Quality Manager.
- • Duties may vary by location.
- • Contributes positive suggestions or comments concerning quality, production, safety and housekeeping.
- • Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- • High school diploma or GED education required, vocation training or Associate’s degree preferred.
- • Should have one to three years of relevant work experience.
- • Basic problem solving, mechanical, and computer related skilled required.
- • Intermediate written and oral communication, analytical, and decision making skills required.
- • Ability to drive powered industrial truck preferred.
Work / Physical Requirements
Individuals may be exposed to loud noises, vibrations, atmospheric conditions and other minor hazards in both an office and production environment and have the ability to: • Often – sit; perform repetitive hand motions; hear/listen; stand; walk; reach overhead; and lift up to 50 lbs. • Seldom – bend; stoop; climb stairs/ladders; kneel/squat/crouch; and lift up to 75 lbs.