Quality Associate – Night Shift
Position will provide support to the Quality Department by performing incoming product inspection, gauge calibration, Certificate of Compliance; creating sample board, labels, shop packets; and entering production reports according to the company’s safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
Reports to: Quality Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be able to work a 12 hour shift from 6pm to 6:30pm on a 2-2-3 work schedule.
- Performs daily quality checks to verify that products meet quality standards as defined by Priority Plastics, Inc. and its customers. Notify Manufacturing management when critical characteristics are out of tolerance. Put product/machines on hold based on quality checks.
- Collects, records, organizes, and distributes quality-related information as required to Manufacturing/Engineering and Sales.
- Trains operators as it pertains to quality-related issues.
- Performs first piece inspection and release product for production including expedited UN testing.
- Performs incoming resin testing. Accept/Reject load based on test results.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in absence of clerical support, as needed.
- Perform Quality Assistant duties, as needed.
- Contributes positive suggestions or comments concerning quality, production, safety and housekeeping.
- Duties may vary by location.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- High school diploma or GED education required, vocation training or Associate’s degree preferred.
- Should have one to three years of relevant work experience.
- Basic problem solving, mechanical, and computer related skilled required.
- Intermediate written and oral communication, analytical, and decision making skills required.
- Ability to drive powered industrial truck preferred
Work / Physical Requirements
Individuals may be exposed to loud noises, vibrations, atmospheric conditions and other minor hazards in both an office and production environment and have the ability to:
- Often – sit; perform repetitive hand motions; hear/listen; stand; walk; reach overhead; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Seldom – bend; stoop; climb stairs/ladders; kneel/squat/crouch; and lift up to 75 lbs.