Production Supervisor – Night Shift
Position will oversee the day to day operations for a shift, including machine capacity, training, employee relations, and administrative tasks according to the company’s safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise production operation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: workstation assignment/rotations, employee vacation/time off, employee breaks and lunches, overtime assignments.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Handles employee disciplinary warnings and performance reviews.
- Responsible for training/educating of all shift employees on the safe operation of all equipment and machines required to accomplish their jobs.
- Responsible for the production of new products and prototype production runs.
- Ensures proper material is being used in the specific job application according to product specifications.
- Responsible for shutdowns and start-ups when necessary.
- Responsible for making adjustments as necessary during the shift to produce product within Quality specifications.
- Duties may vary by location.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Vocational training or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Five to ten years of relevant work experience required.
- Ability to supervise the work of others while maintaining discretion, confidentiality and the use of independent judgement.
- Must be skilled in written and oral communication, project management, mechanical ability, decision making, and problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize and organize the work of others without supervision.
- Ability to drive powered industrial trucks, preferred.
Work / Physical Requirements
Individuals may be exposed to loud noises, vibrations, atmospheric conditions and other minor hazards and have the ability to:
- Often – sit; perform repetitive hand motions; hear/listen/talk; stand; walk; bend; stoop; reach overhead; pull/push; and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Seldom – perform repetitive hand motions; climb stairs/ladders; kneel/squat/crouch; crawl; shovel; and lift up to 50 lbs.