Position will manage and coordinate all areas of production, maintenance, and related services. To achieve timely production of quality parts at the most economical costs and in the proper quantities. To maintain and develop both a safe facility environment and a workforce, through training, capable of meeting manufacturing and maintenance requirements to attain objectives in accordance with production and delivery schedules.
Reports to: COO
Salary: $100,000 – $150,000
Benefits include, but are not limited to,: medical, dental, & vision insurance; company paid disability & life insurance; additional life, critical illness, & accident plans; 401k with a company match.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and organizes maintenance operations to utilize skills and experience of the maintenance workforce to the best advantage, to obtain the most favorable repair costs and quality of workforce to the best advantage, to obtain the most favorable repair costs and quality of workmanship, and to prevent interruption of production schedules; ensures the development of a maintenance engineering program designed to existing and proposed facilities to improve operating and maintenance efficiency or to ensure economical design and construction.
- Plans the use of facilities, equipment, and personnel to meet current and future manufacturing requirements, plant layout and improvements.
- Maintains the highest possible level of employee/employer relationships.
- Develops and recommends approval of an operating budget for each section supervised and initiates action to operate within those fiscal plans.
- Maintains uninterrupted production and product quality and quantity within the limitations of established manufacturing costs and budget allocations.
- Manages production operation to ensure scheduled work flow and use of personnel, skills, machines, and facilities and directs and expedites machine repairs and correction of other problems obstructing production procedures.
- Uses motivating techniques and delegates responsibilities and appropriate authority to subordinate supervisory and staff personnel to achieve maximum efficiency through proper use of skills, labor, machines, and equipment.
- Supervises inventories of machine replacement parts, materials, and supplies to ensure that they are maintained at proper levels.
- Ensures the use of proper safety devices, equipment, and methods and maintenance of general housekeeping; maintains a constant awareness of and takes corrective action on hazardous conditions and practices.
- Participates in plant management meetings to assist in planning and to make recommendations on matters related to manufacturing and maintenance operations.
- Implements general administrative and technical programs, such as communications, staffing, employee training, employee relations, problem resolution, disciplinary actions, and cost reductions.
- Manages and maintains a proper plant maintenance and manufacturing workforce.
- Shall be a part of the GFSI team at their respective plant.
- Shall be trained with a minimum of the SQF standard, HACCP, and internal auditor.
- Shall cover for other GFSI team members for any absences (vacation, illness, open positions, etc.).
- Shall report any food safety issues to the appropriate personnel with authority to correct the issues found.
- Develops, supervises, and maintains own department in order to attain the required objectives. Compensates, motivates and discipline subordinates in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Conducts performance appraisals on a timely basis.
- Stays current with latest technology in materials, machinery and processes.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA, and other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Contributes positive suggestions or comments concerning quality, production, safety and housekeeping.
- Duties may vary by location.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Seven to ten years of relevant work experience in plastic manufacturing preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication office equipment skills required.
- Must have strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of TMM software preferred.
Work / Physical Requirements
Individuals will be exposed to an office environment. May also be exposed to loud noises vibrations, and atmospheric conditions and have the ability to sit; walk; hear/listen/talk; stand; perform repetitive hand motions; and lift up to 20 lbs often and will seldom reach overhead; pull/push; bend; stoop; climb stairs/ladders; kneel/squat/crouch; balance; shovel; and lift up to 30 lbs.