Position will be responsible for maintaining production equipment in optimal condition and to OEM standards. Use effective leadership skills to oversee the daily maintenance functions as well as ensure that all preventive maintenance is performed on schedule and that spare parts inventory is maintained according to the company’s safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Pay: $85,000 – $110,000
Benefits include, but are not limited to,: medical, dental, & vision insurance; company paid disability & life insurance; additional life, critical illness, & accident plans; 401k with a company match.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- • Supervise and assist maintenance and preventive maintenance technicians in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting to determine and resolve problems with equipment.
- • Manage relationships with contractors and service provider
- • Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- • Responsible developing, overseeing and tracking all maintenance training.
- • Conduct regular inspections of the plant to detect and resolve problems.
- • Ensure all department workers adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
- • Implement and maintain a preventive maintenance program.
- • Review and prioritize work orders and assign technicians as well as creating preventive maintenance schedule and executing the plan.
- • Set up and maintain spare parts and supplies inventory including purchasing parts.
- • Investigate problems related to maintenance and collaborate with other functional areas to identify root cause and recommend corrective action/countermeasure, prepare action plan, manage solution implementation and report results.
- • Initiate and develop continuous improvement opportunities and actively participate in corrective action measures.
- • Review incoming and completed work orders and preventive maintenance slips. Identify trends, problems, and opportunities and recommend actions to improve performance results.
- • Responsible for the building maintenance and its upkeep.
- • Shall be a part of the GFSI team at their respective plant and cover for other GFSI team members for any absences.
- • Shall be trained with a minimum of the SQF standard, HACCP, and internal auditor.
- • Shall report any food safety issues to the appropriate personnel with authority to correct the issues found.
- • Responsible for training and the education of all maintenance staff and any new procedures implemented at the plant.
- • Ensure compliance with corporate standards and applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- • Initiate and drive improvements in KPI’s through training and other means available. Focus on and control maintenance and capital project costs and assure implementation on-time and at or under budget.
- • Associate’s degree or technical training required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • Should have five to seven years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- • Should have at least three years of supervisory experience.
- • Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making and computer skills required.
- • Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- • Able to drive powered industrial trucks required.