Machine Operator – 2nd Shift
Position will be required to troubleshoot and resolve a range of activities with extrusion blow molding machines and secondary equipment according to the company’s safety, quality, and housekeeping and production standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains plant safety, quality, cleanliness, and production standards.
- Relieves Packers for lunch and breaks, as needed.
- Follows production schedules, makes labels, and performs line clearance sheets.
- Works with quality and the Supervisor to resolve issues.
- Responsible for training/educating of all shift employees on the safe operation of all equipment and machines required to accomplish their jobs.
- Ensures proper material is being used in the specific job application according to product specifications.
- Safely start and stop machines, as needed.
- Able to perform color changes, including cleaning the blender and machine hoppers.
- Make necessary adjustments to leak detectors and secondary equipment.
- Monitors cycle times, flash percentages, weights, and scrap percentage and report any problems or concerns to the Supervisor.
- Assist with mold changes and set-ups. Able to perform neck changes and tooling changes unassisted. Proficient with programmers and Moog programmers on all machines.
- Assists the Supervisor in troubleshooting the machines and equipment. Familiar with programmers and basic electricity, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Assist in sampling new products.
- Maintains or exceeds current operation meets safety, quality, housekeeping, and production standards.
- May lead/supervise the work of others within the same department.
- High school diploma or GED education required. Vocational training or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- One to three years of relevant work experience required.
- Intermediate written and oral communication with internal and external vendors skills required.
- Intermediate analytical, project management, computer, mechanical, decision making, and problem solving skills required.
- Advances problem solving skills required. Ability to prioritize and organize work with limited supervision.
- Ability to drive powered industrial trucks