ISBM Process Engineer
This position will be responsible for the operation of Injection Stretch Blow Molding (ISBM)/Extrusion Blow Molding(EBM) equipment, system and methods used in a manufacturing facility to transform raw ingredients to their final product form.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Testing, monitoring and maintaining ISBM/EBM equipment, including conducting regular tests to make sure equipment is in compliance with national and internal standards.
- Researching, pricing and assisting in the purchase of new equipment
- Designing new equipment as required or redesigning the flow of the process in the plant
- Oversee and assesses existing processes and workflows
- Assembles reports to document process status and changes
- Designing, modifying and overseeing processes to guarantee maximum output with minimum defects in the production line
- Writing, maintaining and collecting required paperwork to show compliance with safety protocols
- Collecting and interpreting data on efficiency and budgets to report to senior management
- Provides thorough instructions for successful implementation of process changes.
- Conducts risk assessments
- Analyzing every detail and step of the production process to cut costs, increase productivity and optimize the production line(s).
- Assesses compliance with applicable safety and quality standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- Three to five years of relevant work experience required
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to persuade others to change existing practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to identify, assess and solve problems
- Proficient with computer and information technology
- Knowledge of process engineering software systems
- Familiarity with applicable health and safety regulations
- Extensive knowledge of the ISBM process
Work / Physical Requirements
Individuals will be exposed to an office environment. May also be exposed to loud noises and atmospheric conditions and have the ability to: Often – sit; hear/listen/talk; stand; perform repetitive hand motions; and lift up to 20 lbs. Seldom – walk; reach overhead; pull/push; bend; stoop; climb stairs/ladders; kneel/squat/crouch; balance; shovel; and lift up to 30 lbs.