Position will be required to perform electrical and maintenance activities on the plant’s machines, equipment, and the building according to the company’s safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
Reports to: Maintenance/Process Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance work on plant equipment or facilities using crafts such as:
- Installation/Repair/Diagnosis/Troubleshoot; AC/DC, 480/240/120 Voltages, rectifiers, electrical controls and buss systems.
- Use instrumentation and tools necessary for diagnosing problems (volt/ohm meters, oscilliscopes, amp probes, pyrometers, tachometers, etc.) ultrasonic testers, computers.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, ladder logic diagrams, schematics, sketches, and facility drawings.
- Troubleshooting and repair of PLCs and PLC controlled equipment and systems.
- High school diploma or GED education required. Vocational training or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience required.
- Intermediate written and oral communication with internal and external vendors skills required.
- Intermediate analytical, project management, computer, mechanical, decision making, and problem solving skills required.
- Advances problem solving skills required. Ability to prioritize and organize work without supervision.
- Able to drive powered industrial trucks required
Work / Physical Requirements
Individuals may be exposed to loud noises, vibrations, extreme hot/cold; confined space; atmospheric conditions and other physical conditions/hazards and have the ability to
- Often – perform repetitive hand motions; hear/listen/talk; walk; stand; bend; stoop; climb stairs/ladders; kneel/squat/crouch; crawl; reach overhead; pull/push; shovel; and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Seldom –sit; and lift up to 75 lbs.