Electrician – Lead
Position will be required to perform electrical and maintenance activities on the plant’s machines, equipment, and the building according to the company’s safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
Reports to: Maintenance/Process Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance work on plant equipment or facilities using crafts such as:
- Installation/Repair/Diagnosis/Troubleshoot; AC/DC, 480/240/120 Voltages, rectifiers, electrical controls and buss systems.
- Use instrumentation and tools necessary for diagnosing problems (volt/ohm meters, oscilliscopes, amp probes, pyrometers, tachometers, etc.) ultrasonic testers, computers.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, ladder logic diagrams, schematics, sketches, and facility drawings.
- Troubleshooting and repair of PLCs and PLC controlled equipment and systems.
- High school diploma or GED education required. Vocational training or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience required.
- Intermediate written and oral communication with internal and external vendors skills required.
- Intermediate analytical, project management, computer, mechanical, decision making, and problem solving skills required.
- Advances problem solving skills required. Ability to prioritize and organize work without supervision.
- Able to drive powered industrial trucks required
Work / Physical Requirements
Individuals may be exposed to loud noises, vibrations, extreme hot/cold; confined space; atmospheric conditions and other physical conditions/hazards and have the ability to
- Often – perform repetitive hand motions; hear/listen/talk; walk; stand; bend; stoop; climb stairs/ladders; kneel/squat/crouch; crawl; reach overhead; pull/push; shovel; and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Seldom –sit; and lift up to 75 lbs.