Corporate Operations Engineer
Position will be onsite, primarily in Portland, Indiana, and will be responsible for implementing overall equipment efficiency, scrap reduction, and continuous and quality improvement projects, collaborating with engineers, operations and manufacturing team members. It will also be responsible for driving growth and cost reduction capital projects across all Priority Plastics locations and will be accountable for managing project schedule and budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, Commercial and Finance to develop and implement manufacturing solutions.
- Propose capital projects that consider capital costs, timing, and risks and benefits.
- Employ good engineering design standards by considering; safety standards, environmental factors, materials. used, energy consumed, potential space constraints, bottlenecks, hardware, piping and etc.
- Evaluate downstream packaging capabilities for container handling.
- Collaborate with the finance on capital requests to quote and purchase equipment, molds, and machinery.
- Lead discussions with vendors and contractors to ensure project timing, cost, and performance deliverables are met.
- Work subject matter experts and vendors to develop and launch innovative technologies that improves manufacturing processes.
- Communicate and resolve technical issues as they arise.
- Publish regular project status reports and periodic project spending reports.
- Ensure that safety and quality is considered in every project on new or existing equipment.
- Analyze and determine capabilities and limitations of new, proposed or existing equipment.
- Evaluate machinery, equipment, tooling and vendors.
- Support engineering related inquiries from plants.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline.
- Seven or more years of experience in manufacturing, HDPE extrusion or ISBM preferred.
- Project management experience with strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience setting priorities, working independently and coordinating multiple projects balancing available resources.
- Proficient with MS Office, Project, and experience with CAD software.
- Working effectively with all plant teams.
- Willing to travel up to 15%.